Last Updated: November 19, 2020.
This website (the “Website”) is operated by Digital Target Marketing, LLC, located at 224 Datura Street, Suite 1300, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401, on behalf of Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc., a Delaware, United States corporation (“TaylorMade”, “We”, “Our”), located 5540 Fermi Court, Carlsbad, CA 92008 and Taylor Made Golf Limited, a company registered at the Companies Registration Office of England and Wales under the registration number 01424575, with registered office and trading address at TaylorMade Court, Viables Business Park, Jays Close, Basingstoke, United Kingdom RG22 4BS, with VAT registration number GB330426006. Taylor Made Golf Limited is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. The registration number is Z9201387. Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc and Taylor Made Golf Limited are joint Controllers that own and operate the Adams Golf brand the Tight Lies product line. The privacy notice for this Website (the “Privacy Notice” or the “Notice”) describes how your personal information will be collected and used when you use this Website This Privacy Notice also explains the rights you have over your personal information and how you can opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your personal information. If you are resident in California, this Notice explains your rights under various California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act. If you are in the UK or European Union, this Notice tells you about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as implemented by the UK and each of the member states. If you are in Canada, this Notice is governed by Canada privacy law.
Through your use of the Website, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice and consent to the collection and use of your personal information as described in this Notice, to the extent allowable by law. We may update the Privacy Notice at any time. The most recent publication date will be posted at the top of the Notice. Accordingly, we encourage you to review the Notice each time you visit the Website.
This Privacy Notice addresses the following topics:
- What Information We Collect and Why We Collect Information
- Information We Collect Automatically
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection
- Use of IP Addresses
- Use of Web Beacons
- Advertising and Online Tracking
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share Your Information
- Aggregate Information
- Unsolicited Emails
- Text Message Programs
- Your Rights & Choices About Your Personal Information
- Personal Information Maintenance
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- International Transfers of Personal Information
- Questions & Changes in Policy
The type of Information We Collect and Why We Collect Information
- In this Privacy Notice, “personal information” means any information that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly. If you have a Canada, UK or United States, postal address and decide to purchase product from this Website, the personal information will include your name, shipping address, telephone number, email address, payment processing information, the product you purchased and information about your viewing habits including merchandise you may not purchase. Regardless of your location, when you view the Website we will collect passive information about you such as IP address and cookies, which are explained further below.
- For persons making purchases from the Website, we collect personal information which is necessary to enable us to deliver products and services.
- Your personal information also helps us communicate with you about our latest products, special offers, sweepstakes, and other information you might like to know, if you so choose.
- Regardless of whether or not you purchase product, we collect your personal information to help us design, deliver operation of, and tailor your experience on the Website. We may also process personal information to provide specific items of interest to you.
- Should you sign-up to receive marketing communications from us, we ask for your name and email address. Any personal information (e.g. email addresses) collected via the Website will be used for marketing purposes.
- To the extent the GDPR applies, the legal basis for the processing of personal data in this Section 2 is relating to legitimate interest.
Information We Collect Automatically
- In addition to any personal information or other information that you choose to submit through the Website, we and our third-party service providers (including content and analytics providers and advertising companies) may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Website or one of our advertisements or other content elsewhere online (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include the browser you are using, the URL that referred you to the Website, all of the areas within the Website that you visit, and the time of the visit, among other information. Our systems may also automatically gather information about the search terms you use on the Website and any links you select from within the Website to other areas of the Web. In addition, we may collect your IP address or other unique identifier of your computer, cell phone, or other device used to access the Website (collectively referred to as a “Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer, your cell phone, or other device used to access the Website, and our computers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Usage Information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you and therefore identifiable. Whenever we associate Usage Information or a Device Identifier with you, as an individual and identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information.
- Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. Regardless, like many other websites, this Website currently does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- To the extent the GDPR applies, the legal basis for the processing of personal data in this Section 3 is relating to legitimate interest.
Children's Online Privacy Protection
- We does not knowingly collect contact or personal information from children under 13. This Website is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- alifornia users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on the Website by emailing us at email@example.com. However, because most of the user content that appears on the Website is stored and controlled by third party providers, complete and comprehensive removal of the content may not be possible.
- keep count of return visits to the Website
- accumulate and report anonymous, aggregate, statistical information on website usage
- deliver content and advertising specific to your interests or past viewing history
- You can disable cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you can accept or reject all cookies, or request a notification when a cookie is set.
- To the extent GDPR applies, the legal basis for the processing of such data is relating to legitimate interest
Use of Web Beacons
- This Website and certain emails sent to consumers contain electronic images (called "pixels", "transparent GIF files", or "web beacons") that allow us to view and access cookies. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed or that an email has been forwarded. In some cases these files are provided by our website host. These files enable our online management partner to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to this Website. The cookie was placed by us or by another advertiser that works with our host.
- The legal basis for the processing of such data under GDPR is relating to legitimate interest.
Advertising and Online Tracking
- We may also use the web beacon and cookies to understand your online behavior and interests on this Website and communications from us to tailor advertisements and other communications shown and sent to you to market our goods and services. For more information about third party cookies and web beacons, click here.
- The legal basis for the processing of such data under GDPR is relating to legitimate interest.
Use of IP Address
- This Website does not store or record the Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses of visitors to the Website for marketing purposes, although we may store IP addresses in server logs for features such as to keep your shopping cart active, for system maintenance purposes, or to store the source location whenever someone provides personal information. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. We typically cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. Your IP address can, however, reveal what geographic area you are connecting from, or which ISP you are using. Finally, other websites you visit have IP addresses, and we may collect the IP addresses of those websites and their pages, but these IP addresses do not tend to be associated with Internet users.
- The legal basis for the processing of such data under GDPR is relating to legitimate interest.
How We Use the Information We Collect
TaylorMade may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable us to respond to you generally, or to process, validate and verify requests and/or purchase orders (Your contact information, Usage Information, Device Identifier, IP Address)
- to perform any services requested by you (Your contact information, Usage Information, Device Identifier, IP Address)
- to compile and/or distribute aggregate information about our website users and aggregate usage patterns (Usage Information, Device Identifier, IP Address)
- to provide our website host and website designers with useful information for improving our websites and developing new features and services that meet your needs (Usage Information, Device Identifier, IP Address)
- to tailor your experience on the Website and our communications with you, showing you content and sending you information we think might interest you or altering the content and our communications according to your personal preferences and interests (Your contact information, Usage Information, Device Identifier, IP Address)
- to share with government agencies, law enforcement, or with service providers including our website host, third-party advertising firms, and any fulfillment vendors, if we are legally obligated. For example, we will disclose information in response to subpoenas, investigative requests, and reasonable discovery requests. (Your contact information, Usage Information, Device Identifier, IP Address)
- TaylorMade may use your personal information for the following purposes:
How We Share Your Information
- We will also use or disclose your personal information (1) when legally ordered to do so by a lawful subpoena or court order, (2) if you violate or breach an agreement with us and we seeks legal redress, (3) if we believe you will harm our property or rights or those of our customers, (4) under exigent circumstances to protect the physical safety, or (5) to validate credit card numbers for charging for fee services where relevant, (6) where we have some other legal obligation to process your personal information, or (7) in connection with any transaction or relevant contract we have with you.
- We may share aggregate statistical non-identifiable information with its business partners, sponsors or other third parties. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of visitors visited a certain area on the Website. Such information is not treated as personal information because it does not identify you.
Your Rights & Choices About Your Personal Information
It is important that you are able to control your personal information. We are committed to providing you with control over your personal information. You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information under the applicable data protection laws, including the GDPR or Canada privacy which may include the:
- right to confirm whether we maintain any personal information concerning you in our systems and databases, the purpose of processing, categories of recipients of your personal information, the envisaged retention periods, the security measures to protect your information;
- right to receive a copy of personal information that you provided to us. We will provide you a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form;
- right to request an amendment or update to any inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you in our systems and databases;
- right to request restrictions on how we use and process your personal information or suppress the scope of your personal information that we may process;
- right to revoke authorizations given to us on how to use and share your personal information with effect for the future;
- right to object to using your personal information for our legitimate interests, including direct marketing and profiling;
- right to request us to erase your personal information from our systems and databases – if your personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or is unlawfully processed, or you withdraw your consent given for using your information for particular purposes or object to processing for particular purposes;
- right to complain. Please the section below entitled ‘Complaints’; and
- right to retrieve the personal data that you have provided to us and have this data transmitted to another data controller (data portability), provided that such portability is technically possible, and that the legal basis for processing the data is consent or that it has been necessary for the fulfilment of an agreement.
- Please be aware that it is not always possible to completely delete, erase, or comply with your request with respect to all of your personal information processed in our systems and databases without some residual data backups because we still need to process your personal information to complete the purpose(s) for which your information was originally collected, or we need your information to comply with legal obligations, perform contracts, resolve disputes, and for other legitimate reasons. We are also unable to delete your transactional data related to your purchases and returns because we need to keep these records during the applicable limitation period for bringing a claim (usually 6 years). If we are precluded from honoring your request for erasure of your personal information, we will inform you. We will process such requests within one month of receipt of the request or within such other time as specified by applicable law, and the information enabling us to address the request or within such other time as specified by applicable law. Please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may need to ask you for additional or specific information to verify your identity and to respond to your data subject request. This is a security measure to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to someone who has no right to receive it and is related to legitimate interests. We may also contact you to ask some further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. Occasionally, it may take us longer than one month to deal with your request if your request is particularly complex or you have made a high number of requests. In this case we will notify you accordingly and keep you updated.
- It is important that you are able to control your personal information. We are committed to providing you with control over your personal information. You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information under the applicable data protection laws, including the GDPR or Canada privacy which may include the:
Personal Information Maintenance
- If you purchase product and at checkout, you tick the box stating that you want to receive emails or marketing communications from us, you are opting in to receive communications from TaylorMade, and you are opting out if you leave the box unchecked. Should you opt-in to receiving marketing communications, you have the right to opt-out at any time by emailing us at email@example.com, or by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any relevant email. It may take us 10 business days to honor your request or a shorter period where required by law. If you wish to restrict, amend or delete any personal information you have previously provided, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to provide a simple way to review, correct, update, or remove the personal information you have given us should you have those rights under applicable law.
Retention of Your Personal Information
- Your personal information may be retained by us for as long as the purposes for which the personal information was collected continue and require so, or if the retention is necessary for compliance with mandatory legal provisions. Also, we may need to retain your personal information if we need to defend a legal claim or in case of a dispute. If storage of your personal information is no longer necessary, we delete it. However, we retain the right to keep non-identifiable information related to your use of the Website for research and development purposes to improve our products and your user experience. We will keep your personal information for direct marketing purposes until you notify us (by opting out) that you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from us.
International Transfers of Personal Information
- When visiting this Websites your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. All information you receive from us will be created on servers located in the United States, and all information you provide will be maintained on web servers and systems located in the United States. By using this Website and/or submitting information to us, you specifically consent to the transfer of your information to facilities and servers in the United States, and to those with whom we may share your information, to the extent allowable by law.
- TaylorMade, which owns the Adams Golf brand and the Tight Lies product line, has its headquarters in the United States. Information we collect from you will be transferred and processed in the United States. By using this Website or providing us with any information you consent to the transfer and processing of such information to and in the United States, to the extent allowable by law. When transferring your personal information outside of the country of collection for the purposes stated therein, we comply with applicable law. For the data transfer outside the European Economic Area and the UK, we use standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission. For the purposes of onward personal data transfers outside the European Economic Area and the UK with TaylorMade affiliates, TaylorMade and these affiliates have entered into a Data Transfer Agreement.
- This Websites uses physical, electronic and managerial security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our or our host’s control.
- The Website use Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") connections with 128-bit encryption for certain transactions and confidential data. When you use a secure browser, all information you submit through the Website comes over the Internet in an encrypted form. Every secure page uses a digital certificate issued by a third-party certification authority. A "site certificate" sits on all secure pages. To view this certificate, click on the image of the closed lock or the solid key on the bottom bar of your browser window.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network is 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk. You can report network abuse and any risk of security violations by emailing email@example.com.
- If you are covered by the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint to your supervisory authority or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
- If you are covered by Canada privacy law, you have the right to contact your privacy commissioner.
Notice to California Residents
- Shine the Light Law: We do not currently disclose personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
California Consumer Privacy Act: If you are a California resident, you have the following additional privacy rights:
- Request to Know: You have the right to request the personal information we maintain about you, the categories of your personal information we have collected, shared, and sold, if any, in the past 12 months, the purposes for collecting your personal information, and the categories of third parties we have shared or sold, if any, your personal information with.
- Sale of personal information: We do not and will not sell your personal information.
- Request to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete personal information we maintain about you.
- Request this Privacy Notice in an Alternative Format: Should you have a disability, you have the right to request that this Notice be provided to you in an alternative format.
- Appoint an Authorized Agent: You have the right to use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf when you sign the authorization in a way that complies with the ESIGN Act. To act on your request, the authorized agent must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you and the agent. We may otherwise deny your or your agent’s requests.
- You or your designated agent may exercise any of your California Consumer Privacy Act rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us in the U.S. at 877.860.8624 between 6 AM and 4 PM PST or in the UK at +44 (0) 800 0724 692 between 9AM to 5PM GMT, Monday through Friday. We will need to verify your identity (or your agent’s where appliable) prior to address a request made pursuant to the CCPA. Your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information. If we cannot verify your (or your agent’s) identity within 45 days, we may deny your request. Otherwise, we will respond within 30 days or within such other time as specified by law.
Information We May Collect on California Residents
- Shipping Address
- Billing Address
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
- IP Address
- Preferred communication methods
- Payment and other transaction information
- Interactions with Customer Service
- Any other type of information that you choose to provide to us.
Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose:
- We may disclose each of the above categories of personal information for business purposes.
Sources of Information:
- Self-disclosure (e.g., information provided you provide to obtain our products or use our services
- Business partners (e.g. content and analytics companies, advertising and marketing companies
- Technical service providers (e.g., cloud service providers)
Business Purposes for Collection and Use of Information:
- Provide products and services
- Sponsor prize draws, competitions, sweepstakes, and promotions
- Perform market research and aggregated analytics
- Detect, prevent and manage unlawful or threatening behavior
- Market products and services, and target offers
- Provide customer service
Questions & Changes to Privacy Notice
- We reserve the right to change or amend this Privacy Notice at any time, without notice to you, in which case we will post the amended Privacy Notice.
- If you have any questions concerning this Privacy Notice, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com.